Thursday, January 7, 2010

Savor each syllable, 3

Sometimes, it is not in how it is said, but that it is said at all....

In trying to use the word impossible in as many ways or occurrences as my son can, he goes on a silly rant, exclaiming:

[son], "Mom, you (pointing to me) are IMPOSSIBLE! Dad is impossible. This impossible food is crazy. Dinner is ready for impossible." You get the point. The next 5 sentences all contained the word impossible.

The irony of using this word (impossible) is that we are in a community (the autistic community) who believe that nothing is (yes, you got it!), impossible!

As a parent of a child with delayed development, I am ultra-aware of what both my children say or do. My daughter came out with this precious comment this morning:

Scenario - After getting dressed for the day, two hangers were lying on the floor.

[daughter] "Look mom, I found two hookers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment